Minimize Your Risk
When installing a Key Drop Box, ensure you are following these best practices:
- Key drop boxes should be placed or installed in highly visible, well-lighted locations that discourage tampering and/or breach/removal attempts. If the sit has video surveillance, at least one camera should be positioned to provide coverage of drop box.
- Physical installation of key drop boxes should be completed in accordance wit the manufacturer’s recommended practices. This includes proper installation of all anchoring bolts and security features.
- Where feasible, freestanding key drop boxes should include connectivity to the branch alarm system. Wired or wireless solutions utilizing a basic open/close contact installed inside the access door, and/or a motion sensor are available. The alarm should be configured with the key drop box on a dedicated zone to identify a breach or tampering.
- Key drop boxes should be emptied as part of daily opening and closing procedures to reduce exposure in the event of theft.
- The area crime picture should be assessed and considered before making the decision to deploy a key drop box. The local police department or your Regional Security Manager can assist you in assessing area crime activity.
Additional installation and best practices information can be found on the Corporate Operations HUB site.